Thursday, March 1, 2012

Super Lazy Dinner

One of the hardest things about switching to organic unprocessed foods is that cooking dinner takes a lot longer.  We are currently moving into a new home and time is at a premium around here.  I love cooking, but I simply do not have time to spend 60 minutes making dinner right now, especially since Monkey has taken to hanging onto my leg and screaming the whole time I cook.  Dinnertime is fun at the B household!  So last night I really phoned it in and we had penne with meat sauce, and it was really not all that expensive.  Plus it definitely made enough for two nights.  Any meal that makes leftovers gets an A+ from me.

Here are the players from last night.  1lb of organic ground beef, some organic whole wheat penne (we eat penne because it easy for little fingers to pick up), organic jarred pasta sauce, and some spinach that only had a couple of days left before it turned.

I simply browned up the ground beef in my cast iron skillet, chopped up the spinach and wilted it in with the beef, and added the sauce.  You probably did not need me to walk you through that step by step!  Super easy week night meal, and every ingredient was natural and organic.  Plus, the sauce was on sale for $2.99.  Organic sauce can run up to $8/jar in our local stores!   So I guess my lazy night sort of shows that going organic does not have to be super expensive.  This is a way to work it into anyone's budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment